[PLUG] VMplayer at the linux clinic

Pomeroy Lab admin at mindblowingidea.com
Mon Feb 19 23:54:28 UTC 2007

so you say networking is better in the runtime version? what is the runtime version?

alan <alan at clueserver.org> wrote: On Mon, 19 Feb 2007, Pomeroy Lab wrote:

> I like server because I have never needed more. I can bridge my Server directly to the outside and have a field day with it. I really can't justify moving to Workstation for my personal needs. I have only used Server and Player but they both seem to work just fine.

I use Server to construct VMWare instances and then run them with the
runtime version.  Seems to work much smoother.  (Server acts like it is
trying to funnel everything through a socket connection.)

--
"Invoking the supernatural can explain anything, and hence explains nothing."
                   - University of Utah bioengineering professor Gregory Clark