[PLUG] Dell & Linux

Pomeroy Lab admin at mindblowingidea.com
Tue Feb 20 03:05:58 UTC 2007

No offence but Dell cares about Dell and getting money out of people's pockets. They useto care about good customer support and helping people but now they only care about competing with other companies. You must pay $2,000 to even get a good Dell that would only cost you $600 to build. Pluss a lot of Dells are defective because of bad quality control. Now if you buy the insurance on a Dell Laptop some suggest the best thing to do is wait a year and run it over with your car and get a new one. Many of my customers call me about Dells. HP and Compaq are worse but at least Gateway builds good computers. E-machine does not and they are owned by Gateway as far as I know.

Mel Andres <mel97215 at comcast.net> wrote: John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 09:47:54 -0800
> "User Iam"  dijo:
>

>> Interesting Site??
>>

>> http://www.dellideastorm.com/article/show/61771
>>

>> Hit the promote button!!!
>>

> That site sends my CPU into max overload mode and never finishes
> Dell managed to create a site that could do that, but they did and I
> ain't goin' back.

I have the same experience from here. So, I tried it on the windoze
laptop, where it come up just fine. The irony is that it is promoting
Dell PCs preloaded with Ubuntu, Fedora, OpenSuse, WinXP, or Vista, with
multi-boot options.

I just tried it again here (SimplyMepis 2.6.15-23-386) dropping the
"/article/61771" and I didn't have Firefox go "out to lunch".  So if you
want to try again, http://www.dellideastorm.com/.

  Mel