[PLUG] Eureka!! Duplex Printing Works Again

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Feb 22 21:51:54 UTC 2007

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 13:06:27 -0800
Aaron <ke7ezt at gmail.com> dijo:

> Well you may want to consider the HPLIP project for HP printers.
>
> http://hplip.sourceforge.net/
>
> It's free, and developed by HP. (I'm biased thought I work on the team) :)

I've been reading this thread because I have a similar problem. I
haven't said anything because I have no solution.

I have a Laserjet 5SiMx (identical to the one at Free Geek) and a
Laserjet 8000DN (physically the same printer, but HP changed all the
electronics). Both have duplexers. Duplexing always worked fine with
both until after the upgrade from Dapper to Edgy. Now I can still
duplex to the 8000DN, but the 5SiMx is broken. I've tried everything
available, PostScript, gutenprint, CUPS, command line with lp and lpr,
HPLIP, but no joy. Duplexing is set on the printer control panel as the
default and it is also set as the default in CUPS. And I select it in
the application print dialog box as well. But it still prints single
sided.

So if you work on the HPLIP team and know anything about this, please
share!