[PLUG] Pine Issue

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Feb 28 15:01:24 UTC 2007

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Paul Heinlein wrote:

> First, close pine and then see if any other processes have opened your mail
> spool:

>   sudo lsof | grep /var/spool/mail

Paul,

   Ran lsof as root. Nothing showed up and the cursor sat there until I
pressed ctrl-c.

> You may need to kill an errant process to regain a lock on your inbox.

   That's what puzzles me. I could not see anything in the process list for
pine.

> If that turns up nada, look for /var/spool/mail/rshepard.lock or any file
> that looks and/or smells like a lock file -- and delete it.

   The only files in /var/spool/mail are those of users. No lock files or
anything else that looks different.

   What I do see when I look at /var/spool/mail/rshepard is this header: