[PLUG] WPA - was WipeInfo Equivalent

m0gely m0gely at telestream.com
Wed Jan 3 02:56:03 UTC 2007

someone wrote:

> What productivity application that require Windows anything are you
> referring to?

Like, anything other than OOo.  I only read an article, never used it.
Refer to this:

   http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2006/7/11/4610

> For 20 programmers, ReactOS is doing well supporting some Windows
> software.  Instead of saying it isn't an option, why don't you go to
> http://www.reactos.org/ and join the development effort?

Because I am not a developer.

> The idea of a an OSS OS that you can go to from Windows where you won't
> have to retrain makes a lot of sense.

I 100% agree with you.  I've thought for a long time that Windows (or
any OS) is just a delivery platform for applications.  Of course, it is
more than that, but many people just need to use MS Office, or AutoCAD,
or Adobe software, etc.

> Microsoft is saying that Vista is the most secure system
> they have ever developed already.

Meh, they say that with every new version of Windows. :)

> I bet the day of the official release
> that someone will crack it.

Well of course. :)

--