[PLUG] Thunderbird running continuously??

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at cesmail.net
Thu Jan 4 15:32:53 UTC 2007

I've got a Gentoo Linux system, and I just noticed that Thunderbird
appears to be using the processor to some extent continuously -- if you
run "top", Thunderbird sits at the top of the list much more than I'd
expect when it's sitting idle and minimized. Being a performance
engineer, running "top" is somewhat instinctive, so I'm of the opinion
that this is something that came in when the latest release (version 2
beta 1) got installed. Has anyone else seen this?

http://borasky-research.blogspot.com/