[PLUG] Resolution needs resolution (Was: LCD thingies)

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Sat Jan 6 00:16:04 UTC 2007

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Galen Seitz wrote:
> Try using the vesa driver.  A quick search leads me to believe that DDC
> will work with that.  Vesa mode 12d might be what you need.  I'd get it
> working with vesa and scan the information in the X log Then you will
> hopefully have enough info to make nv work.

I'm thinking no.

I tried Vesa, but didn't see a 12d mode.  Also, nothing at all interesting
in the DDC output relating to any sizes larger than 1280x1024.

Then I ran this:

sudo get-edid
get-edid: get-edid version 1.4.1

         Performing real mode VBE call
         Interrupt 0x10 ax=0x4f00 bx=0x0 cx=0x0
         Function supported
         Call successful

         VBE version 300
         VBE string at 0x11110 "NVidia"

VBE/DDC service about to be called
         Report DDC capabilities

         Performing real mode VBE call
         Interrupt 0x10 ax=0x4f15 bx=0x0 cx=0x0
         Function supported
         Call successful

         Monitor and video card combination does not support DDC1 transfers
         Monitor and video card combination does not support DDC2 transfers
         0 seconds per 128 byte EDID block transfer
         Screen is not blanked during DDC transfer

Reading next EDID block

VBE/DDC service about to be called
         Read EDID

         Performing real mode VBE call
         Interrupt 0x10 ax=0x4f15 bx=0x1 cx=0x0
         Function supported
         Call failed

The EDID data should not be trusted as the VBE call failed
Error: output block unchanged

That makes me think I should be using something other than my ancient
NVidia Quattro 2 video card.

J.
--
      Jeme A Brelin