[PLUG] Inexpensive Netgear WG511T Atheros cards at Frys

drew wymore drew.wymore at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 23:59:08 UTC 2007

On 1/10/07, Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> wrote:

<snip>

I am still having some troubles getting "iwlist" (scanning) working
> with the WG511T and a 2.6.9 kernel, but allegedly it will work and I
> will get it figured out soon.  The more people that have these cards
> locally, the more help in figuring it out (my ulterior motive).
>
> Keith

There was a scanning module that needed to be loaded that didn't happen
automagically for me the last time I used an Atheros based card.

I tried one of these cards in an old crusty intel based server I have laying
around and they *work* but caused weird slowness problems that weren't do to
CPU usage. On the laptop I'm currently using they work flawlessly though. I
agree with Russell, featureful yep, solid nope..

Drew-