[PLUG] CD drives

Ali Corbin ali.corbin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 05:02:31 UTC 2007

My CD drive died a few days back, and I need to replace it.

I need something that will read CDs, and it might be nice to be able
to read DVDs, but I don't need to be able to write either one.  (I
back up to a removable hard drive.)

I've looked at a couple of office supply stores, but all they have are
drives that are combination CD/DVD readers/writers/label makers.  Have
read-only CD drives disappeared off the face of the earth while I
wasn't paying attention?  Or, if they still exist, does anyone know
where I can find such a beast?

Ali