[PLUG] Trying to troubleshoot horde and IMP...

someone plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Sat Jan 13 23:29:31 UTC 2007

I'm trying to set up Horde Webmail IMP
on CentOS 4.3 upgraded to 4.4 via yum.

Here are the rpm packages that are being added to far for horde:

autoconf-2.59-5.noarch.rpm
automake-1.9.2-3.noarch.rpm
automake14-1.4p6-12.noarch.rpm
automake15-1.5-13.noarch.rpm
automake16-1.6.3-5.noarch.rpm
automake17-1.7.9-5.noarch.rpm

Before I continue this list, why are there multiple versions of
automake and should I really install all of them?

curl-7.12.1-8.rhel4.i386.rpm *
dialog-1.0.20040731-3.i386.rpm *
docbook-dtds-1.0-25.noarch.rpm *
freetype-devel-2.1.9-1.i386.rpm *
libc-client-2002e-14.i386.rpm *
libidn-0.5.6-1.i386.rpm *
libtool-libs-1.5.6-4.EL4.1.c4.3.i386.rpm *
libxml2-devel-2.6.16-6.i386.rpm *
mod_auth_pgsql-2.0.1-7.1.i386.rpm *
netpbm-10.25-2.EL4.2.i386.rpm *
netpbm-progs-10.25-2.EL4.2.i386.rpm *
openjade-1.3.2-14.i386.rpm *
passivetex-1.25-3.noarch.rpm *

php-4.3.9-3.22 *
php-domxml-4.3.9-3.22 *
php-gd-4.3.9-3.22 *
php-imap-4.3.9-3.22 *
php-mbstring-4.3.9-3.22 *
php-pear-4.3.9-3.22 *
php-pgsql-4.3.9-3.22 *

postgresql-7.4.13-2.RHEL4.1 *
postgresql-docs-7.4.13-2.RHEL4.1 *
postgresql-libs-7.4.13-2.RHEL4.1 *
postgresql-server-7.4.13-2.RHEL4.1 *

I don't think postgresql is initialized
properly.  I'm wondering how to find any
and all databases that exist currently so
I can delete them.  I don't know postgres,
but I want to learn it.

psutils-1.17-23.i386.rpm *
sgml-common-0.6.3-17.noarch.rpm *

tetex-2.0.2-22.EL4.7.i386.rpm *
tetex-dvips-2.0.2-22.EL4.7.i386.rpm *
tetex-fonts-2.0.2-22.EL4.7.i386.rpm *
tetex-latex-2.0.2-22.EL4.7.i386.rpm *

Why do I need tetex anyways for Horde and
Webmail IMP?

xml-common-0.6.3-17.noarch.rpm *
xmltex-20020625-3.noarch.rpm *
xmlto-0.0.18-4.i386.rpm *

I assume that horde is xml based.
Unless php needs these.

zlib-devel-1.2.1.2-1.2.i386.rpm *

I assume this is for compression.

Here are the horde packages these rpms are supposed to support...
horde-3.1.3.tar.gz
imp-h3-4.1.3.tar.gz
file-4.18.tar.gz
Fileinfo-1.0.3.tgz

Doing horde's supplied test.php, everything comes up okay except
for the following:

PHP Module Capabilities

Mcrypt Support: No
Mcrypt is a general-purpose cryptography library which is broader and
significantly more efficient (FASTER!) than PHP's own cryptographic code
and will provider faster logins.
  * MIME Magic Support (fileinfo): No
The fileinfo PECL module or the mime_magic PHP extension (see below)
will most likely provide faster MIME Magic lookups than the built-in
Horde PHP magic code. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how to
install PECL/PHP extensions.
  * memcached Support (memcache): No
The memcache PECL module is needed only if you are using the memcached
SessionHandler. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how to install
PECL/PHP extensions

Miscellaneous PHP Settings

memory_limit disabled: No
If PHP's internal memory limit is turned on and if not set high enough
Horde will not be able to handle large data items (e.g. large mail
attachments in IMP). If possible, you should disable the PHP memory
limit by recompiling PHP without the "--enable-memory-limit" flag. If
this is not possible, then you should set the value of memory_limit in
php.ini to a sufficiently high value (Current value of memory_limit:
256M).

A link to my phpinfo information:
http://xerxes.robinson-west.com/horde/test.php?mode=phpinfo&url=%2Fhorde
%2Ftest.php

These weren't added for Horde, but they are the CentOS packages that
give me apache:

httpd-manual-2.0.52-28.ent.centos4
httpd-suexec-2.0.52-28.ent.centos4
httpd-2.0.52-28.ent.centos4

Any help resolving horde's test.php warnings will be very much
appreciated.  A question, do I need to custom compile apache
or anything else on the rpm list so far?

   --  Michael C. Robinson