[PLUG] HORDE 3.0.3 awful...

someone plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Sun Jan 14 21:15:33 UTC 2007

Trying to get mcrypt installed so I can get memcache and fileinfo on, I
end up connecting the centosplus archive and get a different version of
php that horde doesn't seem to like.  Oops, I need domxml and php 5.1
doesn't have it.  I don't know what centosplus is for, but already I
don't like it.

Good grief.  Horde's wiki should tell you that horde on CentOS doesn't
work in their CentOS instructions.

Is it the 2.8 or the 3.0 horde framework, a version that actually
works (at least on a valhalla system).  I wonder if I can install
an older version to CentOS.

I'm trying to install on CentOS-4.4 with the stock apache.  I'm
beginning to think you can't use the stock apache and php
packages on CentOS with horde.

Maybe I should give up and grab squirrelmail.

Is there any way to get the fileinfo pecl extension
installed to the stock php-4.3.9

Why in the following excerpt after I upgraded to php-5.1
from centosplus is pear acting like nothing is installed?

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php4/fileinfo.so' - /usr/lib/php4/fileinfo.so: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php4/gd.so' - /usr/lib/php4/gd.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php4/imap.so' - /usr/lib/php4/imap.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php4/mbstring.so' - /usr/lib/php4/mbstring.so: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php4/mcrypt.so' - /usr/lib/php4/mcrypt.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php4/pdo.so' - /usr/lib/php4/pdo.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php4/pdo_pgsql.so' - /usr/lib/php4/pdo_pgsql.so: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php4/pdo_sqlite.so' - /usr/lib/php4/pdo_sqlite.so: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php4/pgsql.so' - /usr/lib/php4/pgsql.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php4/xmlrpc.so' - /usr/lib/php4/xmlrpc.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
No releases available for package "pear.php.net/fileinfo" - package
pecl/fileinfo can be installed with "pecl install fileinfo"
Cannot initialize 'fileinfo', invalid or missing package file
Package "fileinfo" is not valid
install failed

Is it just me, or does php 5.1 not work at all?

     --  Michael C. Robinson