[PLUG] Cleaning Up After Upgrades: scp Issue

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jan 16 18:55:16 UTC 2007

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, alan wrote:

> Check the permissions on the .ssh directory and on any files in that
> directory.
>
> It has to be 0700 for the directory and 0600 for files/keys.

   Thank you, Alan. That's been the permissions and they haven't changed.

   I'm going to see if I can find a mail list or newsgroup for OpenSSH.

   The situation is rather asymmetrical: I have three hosts on the network, 1
desktop (server/workstation) and 2 portables.

   The server can ssh to each of the two portables.

   The two portables can ssh to each other, but not to the desktop.

   Haven't tried scp again. I think when I fix ssh, scp will also be fixed.