[PLUG] A Linux Hardware Question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jan 19 23:41:50 UTC 2007

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Brent Rieck wrote:

> I've not been closely following your sound saga but I've seen reference to
> working sound on the 600E for slackware (which I think you've said you use)
> here:
> http://junktrap.naihl.net/doku.php?id=slackware:thinkpad600e

   Thanks, Brent. I've read so many conflicting reports on sound on this unit
I no longer know what to believe.

   What I _do_ know is that the alsa_driver must be compiled for each kernel,
that I've had it there for the installed Slackware versions, and I've not
been able to get sound working on this unit.

   I'll try again this weekend. The cs4232 module _is_ loaded, but alsaconf
can't find what it needs and there is no /proc/asound. Sigh.

Thanks,