[PLUG] A Linux Hardware Question -- ANSWERED AND SOLVED

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jan 20 00:14:36 UTC 2007

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Auke Kok wrote:

> http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:600E
> enjoy as the thinkwiki world opens your eyes ;)

Auke,

   Ta-da! After reading all about sound with ALSA and the 2.6 kernel and OSS
with the 2.4 kernel, I followed the link for "those broken sound machines."
That gave me the magic incantations for /etc/rc.d/rc.local, and the command
line equivalent.

   Entering everything on the command line, it works! Wow!

Thank you very much,