[PLUG] Linux Clinic TODAY at Free Geek

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sun Jan 21 16:29:12 UTC 2007

No announcement yet, so here's one:

   Linux Clinic
   1 to 5 PM, Sunday January 21
   Free Geek
   Community Technology Center
   1731 SE 10th Avenue
   Portland, OR 97214
   503-232-9350

Directions here: http://www.freegeek.org/map.php
Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=1731+SE+10th+Avenue+97214

Bring your Linux computer with problems, and others at the clinic
will help you with them.  More importantly, bring your old or new
Linux skills, and help others.  We will have monitors and keyboards,
power and internet connection and wifi.

Bring your cheap unsupported Wifi card, and we will laugh at you, not
with you.  However, stop by Fry's and buy one of the brown-box refurbished
Netgear WG511T ( WG511TNAR ) wifi cards for $18, and we will complement
you on the wisdom of your purchase, and help you get it running.

NOTE: Free Geek is closed during the Linux Clinic, and they won't be
answering the phones.  Please enter through the south door, next to the
Thrift Store.  We'll have a sign by the door.

Special Topic today:  Setting up VMware and Windoze virtualizers.  If
you still need to run a few offbeat windoze apps, and they don't work
with Wine or Crossover Office, VMware is a fairly easy way to run a
copy of Windoze in a virtual window.  To install it on your own machine,
you will need Windoze install disks and a valid 25 digit license key; if
you want to violate copyright laws we don't want to know about it.  If
you have another virtualizer that will also run Windoze on older
hardware, that will also be interesting.

Keith