[PLUG] Arachne...

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 00:09:05 UTC 2007

On 1/19/07, plug_0 at robinson-west.com <plug_0 at robinson-west.com> wrote:

> Is there a trick to use the ramdisk driver on freedos to possibly load up
> Ubuntu???  Running twm and mozilla seamonkey under X would be quite nice.

Wouldn't it be easier to just run ubuntu on the machine?  (although, I'd
probably recommend a somewhat slimmer-by-default distro for a 486... debian,
or the server version of ubuntu, at least.  From your questions over the
years, you may enjoy doing a LFS install on it, or if you don't want to get
that close to the hardware, but still don't mind spending 3 weeks doing an
install, you could use gentoo.)

--Rogan