[PLUG] looking for new ISP

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jan 23 20:30:28 UTC 2007

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, eehouse wrote:

> I'm looking for a new ISP.

Eric,

   I've been with Aracnet (now SpiritOne) since the beginning of June 1999.
I've had only the highest quality service from them. They host my web site
and used to host my mail; that's in-house now. I had shell access, but gave
that up when I stopped using a dial-up modem.

   Their SysAdmin is outstanding; I cannot praise him enough. Their tech
support folks are all outstanding and most of them -- at least, the ones
with whom I've dealt over the years -- know linux.

   I pay by the year, and they just charge my card when it's renewal time.

   There are several other local ISPs who offer equivalent outstanding
service. You won't go wrong with any of them.