[PLUG] Perl Help With FuzzyOCR Needed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jan 24 00:27:34 UTC 2007

   I'm trying to set up FuzzyOCR as a plug-in to SpamAssassin. Wrote to the
author several days ago but have not received a response. The errors I'm
seeing appear to be perl issues or OS issues, not specifically related to
the application.

   Here's the contents of /etc/mail/spamassassin/:

BUGS               MANIFEST       contrib/            sample-nonspam.txt
CREDITS            MANIFEST.SKIP  init.pre            sample-spam.txt
Changes            Makefile       ldap/               spamassassin*
FuzzyOcr/          Makefile.PL    lib/                spamassassin.raw*
FuzzyOcr.cf        NOTICE         local.cf            spamassassin.spec
FuzzyOcr.pm*       PACKAGING      masses/             spamc/
FuzzyOcr.preps     README         pm_to_blib          spamd/
FuzzyOcr.scansets  STATUS         procmailrc.example  sql/
FuzzyOcr.words     TRADEMARK      rules/              t/
INSTALL            UPGRADE        sa-learn*           tools/
INSTALL.VMS        USAGE          sa-learn.raw*
LICENSE            blib/          sa-update*
Logging.pm*        build/         sa-update.raw*

and here is the error message I see:

plugin: failed to parse plugin /etc/mail/spamassassin/FuzzyOcr.pm: Can't
locate FuzzyOcr/Logging.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/mail/spamassassin
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i486-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i486-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl) at /etc/mail/spamassassin/FuzzyOcr.pm line 24.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /etc/mail/spamassassin/FuzzyOcr.pm line
24.

plugin: failed to create instance of plugin FuzzyOcr: Can't locate object
method "new" via package "FuzzyOcr" at (eval 30) line 1.

   I changed the perms on FuzzyOcr.pm and Logging.pm to 755. I don't
understand why perl failed to parse the plugin
/etc/mail/spamassassin/FuzzyOcr.pm since a copy of that module is in that
directory. Further, FuzzyOcr/Logging.pm is also in /etc/mail/spamassassin.
The error at line 24 is:

use FuzzyOcr::Logging qw(debuglog errorlog warnlog infolog);

   Since I don't know perl, I'm lost here.