[PLUG] Need Help from Perl Masters

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jan 24 18:00:35 UTC 2007

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, drew wymore wrote:

> A quick google pulled up the following tip:

Drew,

   Oh, darn! I'm so tangled in trying to fix three broken (or weakened) apps
that I didn't look in Google. Apologies are humbly offered.

> It looks to me like the newer version of DBD::Pg requires a newer version
> of libpq than you have installed.  Now you say that you have "Postgres 8"
> installed so you ought to be okay ... but somewhere on your system there
> must be an older copy of libpq.so that does not have that function.

   I have postgres-8.1.4 installed and 8.2.1 waiting in the wings. I want to
resolve these other three problems (SQL-Ledger, mail system, and a broken
application since I upgraded wxPython to -2.8.0.1); I don't need a fourth
problem.

> So I'd do a locate libpq.so and see what you have laying around and
> upgrade as necessary. Hope this helps :-)

   Well, ...:

/usr/lib/libpq.so.3.0
/usr/lib/libpq.so.3.1
/usr/lib/libpq.so.4.1
/usr/lib/libpq.so.3
/usr/lib/libpq.so.4
/usr/lib/libpq.so
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so.3.0
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so.3.1
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so.3
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so

   I got rid of the last four because they date back to 2003-2004, except for
the links which were updated during the upgrade.

   OK. Now I try to make and install DBD::Pg. Results to follow.

Thanks,