[PLUG] hostnames in sudoers file?

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Wed Jan 24 19:31:57 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 11:05 -0800, Charlie Schluting wrote:
> On 1/24/07 10:50 AM, Wil Cooley wrote:
> >
> > 1. http://www.cfengine.org
> > 2. http://reductivelabs.com/projects/puppet/
> >

> /me notes that puppet rocks.
> I spent some time with Luke (the creator) at LISA'06 in DC, and as soon
> as I returned home we started deploying it. Aside from the infrequent
> ruby bugs, puppet has been great.

Indeed; that seems to be the consensus of everyone I've talked to.

The things holding me back at the moment are time and the fact that most
of the boxes I need to manage are AIX, so getting a usable Ruby on them
has been challenging.  (I finally gave up and got a subscription to
TheWrittenWord, but that's only been recently.)

I have sort of casually followed puppet development from early on; I met
Luke in the IRC channel I started for cfengine.  (He actually wrote a
couple articles for O'Reilly on using cfengine a few years ago.)  I
haven't seen many projects follow Agile/XP methods as thoroughly as Luke
has, apparently to much benefit.

Wil
--
Wil Cooley <wcooley at nakedape.cc>