[PLUG] A Question for Perl Divers

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Jan 30 17:10:31 UTC 2007

>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:

Rich>    What might make Date::Calc and a couple of its prerequsites
Rich> suddenly disappear?

Rich>    Last night -- at 00:01 and 04:40 -- the pflogsumm mail log
Rich> analyzer ran and mailed me the report. I just tried running it
Rich> manually to get some sample data from the report, but the
Rich> attempt failed because Date::Calc was not found.

Rich>    This is the second time in a few months this has
Rich> happened. I'm wondering what it could be.

The environment in which it ran.  That is, the $PATH or equivalent may
be different between the context in which your mid-night cron job ran,
and the context in which you ran it manually.  That seems the most
likely explanation.

seniorr at aracnet.com