[PLUG] Small form factor PCs

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Jan 31 22:19:14 UTC 2007

Attempting to conserve desk space in my wife's tiny office, about
a year ago I purchased a Shuttle ST62K micro-ATX computer.  It is
small and cute, but the fan has failed three times now (many clever
but futile fixes, long story) and the damned thing is just too
unreliable to maintain remotely.

Any recommendations for a reliable small form factor X86 system
to replace this P.O.S.?   It must be compatable with Linux,
needless to say, and I hope it can use the same CD and 5.25
hard drive and DIMMs as the old machine, so I can gut the
beast before sending it to freegeek for scrap.  It will need
either a DVI video connector, or a slot for a low-power DVI
video card.

Keith