[PLUG] Syslog Stops: Why?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jul 1 20:35:37 UTC 2007

   Twice within 9 days I've had syslog stop. No indication that it was ill,
wanted time off, or anything else. The indication was no log files mailed to
me (e.g., the pflogsumm of /var/log/maillog) because nothing was being
logged to them.

   Google shows folks in the past (e.g., 6 or so years ago) having problems,
but nothing I saw looked applicable to me.

   Any ideas from you folks who professionally manage systems?