[PLUG] Laptop recommendations (again)

m0gely m0gely at telestream.com
Wed Jul 4 21:22:21 UTC 2007

Jeme A Brelin wrote:

> I'm looking for a laptop to replace my desktop machine.  Mild video
> processing is probably the most intensive activity I would like to
> continue doing.
>
> I also would like to make sure I have a DVI output so that I can dock it
> with my fancy 22" widescreen LCD when I'm home.

Not sure what you mean by "dock" the way you reference the term.  If you
only want to connect to a monitor, then any laptop with DVI-out should
work for your needs.  If you want to have a docking station to hook up
several peripherals, then not all laptops have this ability.  I
recommend a Dell Latitude.  They are essentially a less pretty Inspiron
with a dock port on the bottom.

--
- m0gely