[PLUG] Manually blink link lights?

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 21:01:30 UTC 2007

Anyone out there know of a way to manually blink link lights on ethernet
interfaces under Linux? I am working on a project where it would be useful
to be able to positively determine that a particular port on a computer
corresponds to a particular ethX device by saying "Eth0 is the one with the
blinking link light" and so on. I've been doing some man-page reading
(mii-tool and ifconfig) and Googling, but have so far come up empty handed.
A method that is easy to integrate into a Python or bash script would be
best, as if beggars can be choosers...

--
-Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-