[PLUG] SPAM harder to fight...

someone plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Tue Jul 10 02:25:48 UTC 2007

Anyone having a harder time fighting spam lately?

I sure am.  I've been trying to build my own IP blacklist, but this is
not very effective.

How can postfix be configured so that mail is 550'ed when spamassassin
etcetera doesn't like it?  I've gotten to the point where spam is a
bugger problem than false positives.

Another thought, since I am using rrset-order in bind 9 to get the
mail exchangers  or my domain advertised in order, is to check if
clients are violating the order as a filtering technique.  I use
postfix, so I imagine
I need to develop a policy that uses say Net::Easytcp to learn from the
partner smtp servers/update them.

I think spammers are retrying now which defeats greylisting.

THe most effective approach would be to whitelist valid clients and
consider everyone else invalid, but that breaks the way smtp is
supposed to be defined
and is really nasty when you use mailing lists.

Spammers can decide to look valid, another problem I'm dealing with
increasingly...