[PLUG] SPAM harder to fight...

someone plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Thu Jul 12 03:19:06 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 10:54 -0700, Aaron Burt wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 07:25:48PM -0700, someone wrote:
> > Anyone having a harder time fighting spam lately?
> >
> > I sure am.  I've been trying to build my own IP blacklist, but this is
> > not very effective.
>
> No, it's not very effective.  Especially when LOTS of other people are
> already doing it for you.  Google "RBL".
>
> > How can postfix be configured so that mail is 550'ed when spamassassin
> > etcetera doesn't like it?
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=spamassassin+postfix+550+reject
> Or is all of PLUG's time worth less than yours?

With all due respect, a moderator didn't think my posts were a
waste and this is a moderated list.  God forbid anyone ask a
question that someone else knows the answer to in case that
wastes the knowledgeable person's time.  I do not consider
the average plug user's time worthless.

I hope someone can offer pointers on using regular
expression checks to trigger greylisting.  I can't
do blanket greylisting, some servers that are legit
don't retry.  My smtp partner will become very
displeased and accuse me of losing important email
to him.

    -- Michael