[PLUG] Mail Client Recommendation; or Unnecessary Deprecation Bites

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Jul 13 16:39:11 UTC 2007

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 00:55:24 -0700 (PDT)
Jeme A Brelin <jeme at brelin.net> dijo:

> I am currently using Sylpheed for my school IMAP account, but I don't like
> it much and it seems relatively feature-free.

The fact that Sylpheed is relatively feature-free is what I love about
it. De gustibus non dispuntandum est. You might try Sylpheed-Claws,
which has more goodies.

When I first started with Linux I tried Thunderbird first, because I
was still using a Windows computer most of the time and there is a
Windows version as well. Later I tried Evolution, installed by default
on Ubuntu. But both were bloated and neither (amazingly) could let me
get mail from just one account. The "get mail" button checked all
accounts, which is not satisfactory when I get hundreds of e-mails a
day. One of my accounts is a business account that I need to check to
see if I have any customer orders. Sometimes I'm in a hurry and don't
want to take the time to wait for all the other accounts to be
downloaded.