[PLUG] secure web access to server builds?

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Mon Jul 16 22:26:22 UTC 2007

Ted> Once again, I have a question that seems on the surface to be
Ted> very simple but is causing me difficulty. I want to provide
Ted> secure web access to my build environment (which is CruiseControl
Ted> and Ant).

Ted> Locally on my LAN, it's working fine and what I do to control
Ted> builds is bring up the JMX console (http://localhost:8000) or the
Ted> CruiseControl Web Reporting Project
Ted> (http://localhost:8080/cruisecontrol ... you build a war file and
Ted> put it in the Tomcat webapps directory for this).

ssh -L 8001:127.0.0.1:8000 <remotehostname>
ssh -L 8081:127.0.0.1:8080 <remotehostname>

Then connect to http://localhost:8001 (or
http://localhost:8081/cruisecontrol) and it should work.  You need to
be able to ssh to <remotehost> though.  Try ssh --help or man ssh for
details.

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net