[PLUG] Wireless Networking on ThinkPad 600E/Xubuntu-7.04

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jul 20 00:14:29 UTC 2007

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, Kenneth B. Hill wrote:

> OK. Then a Linksys PCMCIA card should work without any additional
> configuration work. My Linksys PCMCIA card is:

> I believe I have an extra one if you want to try it.

Ken,

   Thank you very much for your offer. The Lucent GOLD card worked fine with
Slackware so there's no reason it would not work with Xubuntu. There's a
configuration problem somewhere, and I am totally unfamiliar with the Debian
family of linuxes to know where to look. The files in /etc/network/ look OK,
the configuration for the wired connection -- eth0 -- is the same as for the
wireless -- eth1 -- and it works without any issues at all.