[PLUG] Identifying New External Hard Drive

Kenneth B. Hill ken at scottshill.com
Sat Jul 21 22:14:17 UTC 2007

Can you access other hardware from the USB port that the external
hard drive is connecting through? Try popping in a USB thumb drive
and see if that is detected. Some external hard drives have drivers
that need to be installed; they will come with a CD/DVD installation
disk which is most likely for Windows and/or Mac OS's.

-Ken