[PLUG] Laptop Repair Needed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jul 22 13:48:03 UTC 2007

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007, Kenneth B. Hill wrote:

> Thank you for the input. My screen flickers when I move the lid/screen
> back and forth (e.g., open to close postions). The screen ususally does
> not work, but sometimes it does. I think it may be a fault inverter. Have
> you replaced and inverter? Is it easier than trying to replace a lamp
> tube?

   Inverter wasn't difficult in the ThinkPad, but the one I bought over the
Web was faulty.

> I don't think it is the video, because I can plug in an external monitor
> and all works fine.

   Not the video drivers, but the LCD screen itself.

   I ended up having NCS replace both the LCD screen and the inverter (with
one that actually works), and that's what it needed. In the interim, I
plugged in an external monitor so we could see what the system was doing.