[PLUG] Volunteers needed to man PLUG booth at OSCON on Wednesday and Thursday.

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Jul 23 17:01:52 UTC 2007

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 01:09:20 -0700
"David Mandel" <dmandel at pdxLinux.org> dijo:

> PLUG will have a booth at OSCON on Wednesday and Thursday.
> John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> has produced a great
> flyer for PLUG and will be at the booth on Wednesday to get
> things started, but...
>
> We definitely need help running the booth.
> We don't expect John to spend all of his time at the booth.
> So, email John and volunteer to help for a couple hours.
> or drop by the booth and volunteer.

OK, the hours for the booth are:

	Wednesday 10 am to 5 pm
		Reception 6 to 7:30 pm
	Thursday 10 am to 5 pm

I have the flyers in my possession, plus I made a big-ass sign to hang
on the backdrop (about a meter wide and half a meter high). It says
"PLUG" in 1060 points and underneath "Portland Linux/Unix Group" in
smaller type so that it is the same width as "PLUG." I am going to the
Ubuntu exhibit today, where I hope to pick up a large box of CDs for
the Clinic, and we can also have them on our table. (Will we have a
table?)

Since I have everything in my possession (except the business cards -
Keith take note), I should start by taking the first shift Wednesday
morning. Therefore y'all can count on me being there starting at 10 am
on Wednesday.

William Morita e-mailed me and offered to spend four hours Wednesday
afternoon. Therefore, between the two of us we have the first session
covered.

I will volunteer to do another shift Thursday afternoon until closing.
That way I can take the sign and unused materials back home with me.

What remains then is the Reception thing Wednesday evening, and
Thursday morning. If others want to volunteer for the times already
covered, please do so. Having two people makes us look even more
impressive, gives us someone to talk to, and makes it easy for one to
leave for bathroom breaks and stuff.