[PLUG] Wireless Networking on ThinkPad 600E/Xubuntu-7.04

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jul 23 23:30:26 UTC 2007

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Russell Senior wrote:

> Maybe you should try dhcp.  My guess is that you've got something
> boogered in your network configuration.

   Thank you for thinking about the situation, Russell. Static IP addresses
have worked here for a decade, and the only thing that's changed recently is
the distribution on the ThinkPad. Wired connection works, which leads me to
think the problem is at the intersection of the wireless card and the
distribution.

   I'll look for information on ndiswrappers and learn what those are.