[PLUG] Diskless workstations

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 15:53:14 UTC 2007

There might be some tidbits you could extract from the K12LTSP or Edubuntu
documentation. In fact, if you start with one of those, the LTSP setup is
more or less done and you get a basically turn-key setup. Have you dug
around the documentation on the official LTSP site, rather than relying
google? I seem to recall finding some very good info there when I was first
setting up LTSP stuff which was not well indexed and therefor not showing up
in my google digging.

On 7/24/07, Robert Kopp <iconoklastic at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I would like to try this technology. I have DSL delivered through a DHCP
> router, a computer capable enough to be a server, and other hardware that I
> would like to become clients. I expect to use Lenny as the OS.
>
> PXES is a live client CD, for those hoping to accomplish the job with
> relatively little effort. I have thought of trying that. The only difficulty
> seems to be that XDMCP must be enabled on the server: it is disabled by
> default on most distros due to security issues. Enabling it is
> distro-specific, so I would like to know how it is done in Debian.
>
> The other method is, of course, LTSP. I have found outlines of how to set
> this up, but not as specific as I would like. Can someone point me to such
> information?
>

> Robert "Tim" Kopp
> http://analytic.tripod.com/

-Regards-