[PLUG] A PLUG wiki

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 21:24:42 UTC 2007

On 7/30/07, David Mandel <dmandel at pdxlinux.org> wrote:
> I second that.
> PLUG needs a wiki.
> I haven't use MoinMoin, but any wiki I don't have to run is good with me.
> At least, as long as it is good software and well ran by someone else.
>
> I personally, have used MediaWiki and have been fairly happy with it.

I've been very happy with MediaWiki, and it's been relatively easy to
add extensions to, as well as having a reasonable syntax (IMO).  I've
also used trac, twiki, cliki, phpwiki, and a handful of others, and
MediaWiki stands out in comparison. In particular I've found it much
easier to format pages with MediaWiki, primarily because you can edit
subsections of a page independently of the entire page. The template
system is also very cool.

In any case, I also support the idea of a PLUG wiki, and I strongly
suggest MediaWiki.

--Rogan