[PLUG] rj45 to bnc balun?

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Mon Jul 30 21:40:12 UTC 2007

Done some searching using Google but most of the references are about
using CAT 5 to transmit video.  I need to connected a computer with a
RJ45 connected to a coax cable network drop.  A very small office but a
complete re-wire (CAT 5) is a last choice.
   Of course a PCI card that connects to a COAX network that will work
with Vista would be an OK solution.  Yup, I dealing with MS stuff
because there is a Linux server in the office, they are friends, and the
Windows 98 machine _died_.

There are a few Windows (DOS box) applications or I'd stick a Linux
desktop in.

Anyone have manufacturers and/or model suggestions for a BNC to RJ45/CAT
5 adapter?

TIA,
Rod