[PLUG] CNET article...

alan alan at clueserver.org
Tue Jul 31 01:02:02 UTC 2007

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, someone wrote:

> http://news.com.com/2100-1023-981177.html
>
> I got disguested with the site when I ran into an anti Linux, "Windows is
> more reliable," ad.
>
> I disagree with using multiple email addresses to fight spam.  I
> honestly think that http://www.mailchannels.com is on the wrong
> track.  More email addresses means more entry points which means
> more spam.
>
> Anti spam services that can effectively find the source and shut
> it down are what is needed.

Unless you are hiring hit men, this cannot be done by a non-government
force.  Due to the international nature of the net, it will take
governments all over the globe cooperating to shut these bastards down.
Doing that, without drifting over to the dark side and using it as an
excuse to shut down its critics, will be an interesting challenge.  (i.e.
not bloody likely.)

> A side question, why are hydrogen based electric generators so horribly
> expensive?  It was in a linked article...

Because hydrogen has a low energy density.  For that reason, few people
use them.

> The funny thing about the anti Linux FUD is that I listened to the clip
> on a rock solid Linux system.

Unless they use some MS DRM, it is the easiest way to do it.

--
"ANSI C says access to the padding fields of a struct is undefined.
ANSI C also says that struct assignment is a memcpy. Therefore struct