[PLUG] CNET article...

m0gely m0gely at telestream.com
Tue Jul 31 07:20:48 UTC 2007

someone wrote:

> I disagree with using multiple email addresses to fight spam.  I
> honestly think that http://www.mailchannels.com is on the wrong
> track.  More email addresses means more entry points which means
> more spam.

Multiple email addresses doesn't necessarily mean multiple accounts.  I
use aliases for most of the companies I deal with regularly and also
with one-off's.  For example, I sold a car a while ago with the Auto
Trader and of course, they wanted my email address.  So I made a quick
alias of trader at mydomain.com and gave them that.  I got their
confirmation email and they never new my real address.  After the card
sold I just removed the alias.  I do this for my bank, CC cards, and
others as well.  It works great unless you need to reply occasionally,
then they will see your real email address.  And you will find out right
away if you start getting spam on one of those aliases exactly who sold
you out.

--
- m0gely