[PLUG] password in clear text in ant

tkubaska at charter.net tkubaska at charter.net
Sun Jun 3 23:04:14 UTC 2007

I've been working on an automated build system and I need to ftp results to a project server. This is working, but I'm not happy with the solution I got and wanted to know what more experienced people do.

I run cruisecontrol with an <antpublisher/> which calls an ant file with a target that looks like the following. Note that I list my password in clear text in the ant file. Storing the password in ths antfile bothers me (not my real password BTW).

<target name="deploy" depends="init">
   <ftp server="halibut" binary="true" verbose="true"
      userid="ted" password="tedsSecretPassword" remotedir="${xferlocation}" >
      <fileset dir="${output}">
         <include name="**/*.zip"/>
      </fileset>
   </ftp>