[PLUG] SNMP problem

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Mon Jun 4 23:14:14 UTC 2007

>>>>> "Russell" == Russell Senior <russell at personaltelco.net> writes:

>>>>> "Steve" == Steve D <blitters at gmail.com> writes:
Russell> Okay, I solved this.  [...]

BTW, I was just informed of (as of net-snmp 5.2) an "extend" feature
for the snmpd agent which handles multiple line output.
Unfortunately, the agent I am dealing with is 5.1.2.  Doh!

Russell> [...] Looks like the latency assignment could be shortened to:

Russell>   latency=$(fping -A -C 1 -t 4000 -q ${DESTIP} | cut -d' ' -f3)

Gah.  Not so easy.  Even with the -q, it is noisy on error and reports
results on stderr.  I've reverted to my older, hacky-but-working
/bin/ping version.

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net