[PLUG] About to start developing a new Graphing (as in mathematical graphs) program

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 18:05:54 UTC 2007

On 6/9/07, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb at cesmail.net> wrote:

> In short, my recommendation is that you design at the QT4/scripting
> language level and let the scripting language libraries take care of
> integration with the platforms/desktops (Windows, Mac, Linux/Gnome,
> Linux/KDE and Solaris)

I second Ed's advice re: c++.  If you know what you're getting into,
then more power to you, but if you've never written a sizable app with
c++, then I strongly suggest looking at other languages.  C++ is very
popular because of momentum--any language will do what you want (they
are all "fast enough" performance-wise), and most of them will cause
less frustration than c++ :)

--Rogan