[PLUG] Palm Treo 700p

Charlie Schluting charlie at schluting.com
Mon Jun 11 18:09:24 UTC 2007

On 6/11/07 8:21 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   The linux connections on this thread are the use of jpilot for the
> desktop
> version of the PDA's data, and using the phone to connect to my network.
>
>   My question for Charles and other Treo 700p users is what I need to use
> this phone as a wireless modem for my notebook. Not every place I travel
> has
> free WiFi access, and being able to use the smart-phone instead would be
> helpful.

Assuming your laptop has bluetooth, it's trivial. Just set up a dialer
to dial #777 (Sprint) and it'll work. (On the phone's bluetooth
settings, you have to tell it to act as a modem, and at that point other
bluetooth functions are disabled)

Works perfectly, and with Sprint PCS you get unlimited data, so yay. I
use my 650 whenever I travel. SSH is a bit annoying, because of the
latency, but once you get used to it it's quite usable.

Before I had the 650, I used a 3rd party USB cable to do the same with
the treo 600.

 -Charlie