[PLUG] Palm Treo 700p

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Mon Jun 11 20:26:14 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 11:43 -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:

>    I don't believe my 3-year-old Sony Vaio has bluetooth. And, I use Verizon,
> not Sprint.

I USB Bluetooth dongle can be had for $10-$20; I don't know if it's
worthwhile or not, but I had to do work remotely a few weeks ago with a
company-supplied laptop and phone and there were times when the mass of
cables on the tiny coffee-shop table was hazardous.  It would have also
been nice to be able to put the phone higher in hopes of better
reception.

If you're with Verizon, though, I hope you have checked the costs of
their data service--it's absurdly expensive.  (I don't know about other
carriers.)  I use a dial-up account when I'm in a pinch, but it's
horribly slow (even for dial-up it's slow) and takes ages to actually
connect.  It's also sorta questionable whether those doing dial-up
should be charged for data rates (and may be surprised by in the
future).

You would probably get better help with this stuff on the forums I
posted links to in my response to Chaz.

Wil
--
Wil Cooley <wcooley at nakedape.cc>