[PLUG] Wireless (Cellular or other) Data Service

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Mon Jun 11 20:47:43 UTC 2007

(Forking the Treo thread)

Wil Cooley wrote:

> If you're with Verizon, though, I hope you have checked the costs of
> their data service--it's absurdly expensive.

Perhaps this is a good time to begin a survey of such services. I asked
about Verizon's data service while looking for a way to get the photos
off my RAZR phone and found the rate to be similar to my Comcast
service: about $60/month.

What other services are available to connect to the Internet via a
cellular phone type of device, either a cell phone, a PDA, or a card for
the laptop? And, of course, what do they charge per month?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens