[PLUG] remote Linux desktops

Ted Kubaska tkubaska at charter.net
Tue Jun 19 05:45:56 UTC 2007

What do you guys use for remote access?

I want to see a remote desktop locally. I tried out XDMCP which I read
has security issues? It works fine otherwise. Other possibilities are
tightvnc and realvnc (which I have not tried). I want to see a remote
Linux desktop on both local Windows and local Linux boxes. Suse docs
recommend realvnc on a Windows box talking to a remote Linux box running
tightvnc (strange combination I thought).

Anyway if you do use remote desktops, what tools have you had good
results with? Thanks.
 -ted