[PLUG] Debian Nautilus Annoyance

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 16:26:20 UTC 2007

On 6/23/07, Frank Hunt <linux at frankhunt.com> wrote:

> I can't figure out how to get Nautilus to open new targets in the same
> window. It keeps opening new windows.  Kinda like Wind0ze

Depending on what version you're running you might have to twiddle a gconf
key. If you are running 2.18 (maybe 2.16? I don't recall exactly when this
feature was introduced....) or newer though you can change the behavior in a
preferences window. Open Nautilus, go to Edit -> Preferences, and on the
behavior tab, make sure "Always open in a browser window" is checked. That
should give you the behavior you want.

--
-Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-