[PLUG] Multiple USB Ports Active On One Connection

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jun 25 20:24:20 UTC 2007

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Steve D... wrote:

> I believe this is similar to a problem I had installing a Wacom tablet on
> Fedora 7. The latest kernels have a new hotplug system running out of
> "/etc/udev/rules.d/".

Steve,

   I was pointed there earlier in this sage, to the file 'udev.rules.'

> The Wacom tablet was get caught by a general udev rule in the file
> "50-udev.rules".  The correct udev rule in "60-wacom.rules" was never
> getting hit.  I corrected the problem by making a new file
> "15-wacom.rules" that got processed before the "50-udev.rules" file.

   I have these files in /etc/udev/rules.d/:

80-libpisock.rules  compat.rules.unsupported  libmtp.rules  libsane.rules
90-hal.rules        devfs.rules.unsupported   libnjb.rules  udev.rules

> It looks like your device is getting configured with the following rule in
> the "50-udev.rules" file. KERNEL=="tts/USB[0-9]*", NAME="%k",
> GROUP="uucp", MODE="0660"

   Actually, it should be in the Palm section of 80-libpisock.rules. What is
the order in which these rules are examined? Are the unumbered files
processed before the numbered two? Should I rename 80-libpisock.rules to
something like 5-libpisock.rules?

> You may need to create a udev rules file with a lower number to
> create the device that you want.

   I think it's there, but not being read before another rule steps on it.

Thanks very much!