[PLUG] Re: Firefox Heap Memory Constipation

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jun 26 20:09:12 UTC 2007

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007, Rogan Creswick wrote:

> I ran into the same memory issues with swiftfox as firefox, unfortunately.
> YMMV, I suppose, but I didn't notice any benefits.

Rogan,

   If they both use the same crude and inefficient memory management
algorithms, it makes sense that they'd be equally bad. Rarely do I have more
than 3 or 4 tabs open simultaneously, so I probably don't notice the
problem.

   What tool displays the memory use of a single application? Top shows only
those most active processes, and mmap appears not to be on this system
(although the man page is).

Thanks,