[PLUG] POE server startups.

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Thu Jun 28 18:54:05 UTC 2007

I asked on the Portland Perlmongers but got no replies so I'll bother
folks on this list.  Sorry for the overlap.

I have created a POE based server (a framework for creating event-driven
multitasking programs in Perl not PoE - Power over Ethernet) and now
need to have it started when the system starts and kept up and running.

I'm still pretty new to POE servers and have not found this addressed in
the docs ... so far.

Anyone worked up a non-traditional service server?  Non-traditional as
in being written in something besides C/C++ or another compiled language?

I've looked at an entry in /etc/inittab, /etc/rc.d/rc.local, or using a
System-V type script.  Not sure of the pros and cons of each of these.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rod